Sunday, April 1, 2012

Weird notes by Jackson

Eating at Pizza Hut (China)? Need a utensil ? Just ask one of your waitresses Tooby or Wisconsin. Staying at The Dolton Hotel? Need to call room service?Either Drew (girl) or Oliver (girl) will pick up the phone. These are just a few examples of names that we have seen on peoples nametags. Here are the rest.

Lim
Candy
Kajun
Tomato
Anthony (girl)


We were wondering why they have such weird names so I asked our guide and she said that if you are Chinese and want to have an American name you can just pick one. I think that they just open the dictionary to a random spot and choose that word . But I don't know about Tooby because I don't think that is a word.




THANKS FOR READING, Jackson

3 comments:

  1. From: Lori Craft
    What would your name be if you just opened up the dictionary and picked? I did it and mine would be "heart". Glad you are having just a good time in China. I have shared some of your journey with the kids in class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noah liked Jackson's post. He would love to talk to him when y'all get back and hear all about it. We are so glad things are going well for y'all. Sam is so adorable!
    With love,
    The Griffiths

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha!! Too funny, Jackson!! I had no idea you had such blogging skill! :-)

    ReplyDelete