Today, we went to Shamian Island to do a little shopping. I LOVE Shamian Island. We went to Jordon's first...We love Jordon too! He is a Christian and he is not afraid to tell people! Also, he does every child's name in Chinese characters as a gift...so we were excited to get Samuel's name in Chinese characters and we will frame it when we get home for him to have in his room. After Jordon's, we went down to Sherry's Place and Jenny's Place. These two ladies have the best children's shoes and traditional chinese clothes on the island. I purchased 5 pairs of leather squeaky shoes for Sam for about $25.........pretty good deal, huh? I also purchased him a couple of chinese outfits for him to wear over the next few years. Tomorrow, I hope to dress him up and take some pictures in the garden at the hotel here.
Tonight we are working on packing up our things. I am truly sad to be leaving Guangzhou, but I am truly happy to be seeing my girls soon! It is so much fun to met all of the adoptive families from all over the world...so many adopting children with special needs...each with a unique story. I love seeing how God uses different families and matches them up with the children that fit perfectly into that family! I love watching the Chinese people and learning more and more about their culture. I really do love China...
Tomorrow we will leave the hotel around 4 and drive to Hong Kong. We will spend the night there and then take a 10am flight back to Newark. Sam will immigrate there, and then we will fly to Atlanta....Sounds easy, huh? Yeah......our longest flight is 15.5 hours...that's 2 hours LONGER than our longest flight over! UGH! Not to mention we will be travelling with an 18 month old! Prayers are appreciated!!
AT JENNY'S PLACE...HER HUSBAND PLAYING THE CHINESE FLUTE FOR US! http://youtu.be/53AZdqe16TE
AT JORDON'S...HE TAUGHT JACKSON HOW TO PLAY THE CHINESE HACKY SACK!
Blessings-
Meredith
Enjoyed today's post! Can't believe you're getting so close to traveling home. I know you'll be glad to be home as a family of six and in your own bed! I'll be praying for the flights home. And for the record, I'm not jealous of the 15+ hour flight. :(
ReplyDeleteThese posts (including Jackson's) about having fun have been SO entertaining and have provided lots of neat things to see....little Sam is just taking it all in stride(except for the ice cream, of course!)!! Praise God for Adoption Day. Love to all, Pam
ReplyDelete