Monday, April 2, 2012

The Zoo

Today we ate breakfast at the hotel and then went to the Guangzhou Zoo. I am excited to announce that Sam is still sleeping all night long! (Just had to add that in!) I really wasn't looking that forward to the zoo, as we visited last time we were in China, and I didn't find it to be all that exciting. However, I was pleasantly suprised to find that today it was much better! It was cooler today, so it was nice to be outside, and we rode in a little golf cart type vehicle around the zoo which was really nice. I actually think that did this so that the Chinese people could point and stare at us as if we were an exhibit as well, but either way, it was nice!

Sam totally enjoying the zoo....
Jackson really liked this white tiger
This is the kind of pants many of the children wear. They are called "split pants", and apparently they make potty training easier!
Then we went by the grocery store to pick up some diapers. Saw this bin where you can choose your own frozen wings.....so sanitary!
Came back to the hotel for Sam to take a nap, and Jackson and John went back across the street to try out the new Burger King. I am not a fan of BK in the states, so I wasn't too sad to miss it in China! However, the report I received from Jackson is that it was "awesome".

Later in the afternoon, we took a walk, and purchased some fresh cherries from this vendor. She had a little scale to weigh them...

Loved this little girl holding on to her mom....She was only about 3 years old...I don't think my Lily would do that!
We decided to try the new "Chinese Mexican" restaurant for dinner. Recommended by our guide. It was really good!
While we were there, Sam decided that he would rather eat with another family....He sat backwards almost the entire meal!
Had to stop by McDonalds on the way back for some Sam's first ice cream experience...
(and well worth watching, I might add..)

Jackson made a design in his....so he could see through it.
Blessings-
Meredith

1 comment:

  1. All these postings on questionable meat has me contemplating being a vegitarian! Seriously, the container of wings after reading Jackson's bacon story has me weary! I'll keep all of this in mind if I ever get the chance to visit China! ;) Looks like the zoo was fun! Can't wait to have y'all home.

    ReplyDelete