Sunday, April 1, 2012

Shopping Day

SO CUTE!

Outside the restaurant in the mall- Lunch
Jackson and his Watermelon Juice
Jackson ordered well- Steak!
John ordered poorly- Seafood Pasta (And the seafood was octopus tentacles, oysters, shrimp, and something else yet to be determined...) The upside to this restaurant was the coca cola (which, when you ordered, you had to choose if you wanted it served with lemon or ginger)

Today was a pretty laid-back day. We spent a little time at the local mall doing some shopping. Then we ate lunch with our guide and the other family who is here. I am putting up some pictures of our lunch : ) .....We watched at the pearl market as they strung some pearls for us. Pearls are much cheaper here, and so we got a pearl bracelet for Sam to give to his future wife someday...from his birth-country. It is so much fun to watch them string the pearls. I have included 2 video clips below....The whole process is crazy..picking out your pearls, then watching them make your jewelery.
After we returned, Sam took a nap, then we went to pick up the pictures from the disposable camera that the orphanage had returned to us. I was really hoping there would be some pictures on there! And, there were 27 great pictures! So nice to see Sam in the orphanage with his nannies and friends...love having those priceless pictures!
Tonight we are just hanging out at the hotel. Tomorrow we are going to the Guangzhou Zoo...We are in the time period now where we are really just killing time waiting for the US to issue Sam's visa so we can travel home. We should be able to pick that up on Thursday.
Sam has really opened up more yesterday and today. He is still such a good baby...barely even gets fussy at mealtime and bedtime. He has become a little more outgoing and is beginning to crawl around the room more and more. He also laughs at us (or maybe with us?) quite a bit. He does like to eat, though, and we have ventured out a little really giving him lots of new foods. So far, he likes them all except for yogurt and bananas....
He really likes soups, and they are so easy to find here, so that has been nice. He is also a fan of rice, noodles, bread and crackers. It seems that as we have introduced more foods to him, he is less and less interested in the bottle. Understandable, I guess!
Jackson has been a real trooper on this trip as well. I know he is tired, but he has been willing to try new things and not complained too much when we just keep going and going! Although, I will say that he is sleeping and napping more than I have EVER known him to!
Only 3 more full days in Guangzhou, then we will be off to Hong Kong and on our way home to see our girls. I cannot wait to have my whole family together in one room! This trip really seems like it has flown by and I know I am going to miss China when I am gone. It is so different from home, but I really do love so many things about it here. And, it is now the homeland of 2 of my children!
http://youtu.be/QJFl2QyEA2U Video of Sam playing
I hope everyone is doing well at home. Don't forget to read Jackson's first blog post below. He had some tidbits that he wanted to share!
Blessings-
Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment