Monday, April 2, 2012

(BACON) More Weird Notes by Jackson (BACON)

Another thing that I think is weird in China is the meat. Sometimes it is great but others it is disgusting. The reason that I have found is that the meat isn't cooked . Yesterday we were hungry for American food so we went to Subway . I ordered a B.L.T. but I suddenly wasn't hungry when I saw the bacon. It looked like they had just cut it right off the pig. The guy picked the bacon up and put it in the microwave. But only for 13 seconds. Then he took it out and it looked even worse. It was really pink and slimy. After we saw that ,while we were still in the line Dad said, "Anybody up for Mexican"?


At breakfast there are two bins for bacon. The first bin is titled "Bacon" and the second one is called "Crispy Bacon" . Really the one called "Bacon" has bacon like the bacon described in the first paragraph, all pink. While the bacon called "Crispy Bacon" is really the regular kind that we normally eat in America .TRANSLATION = In China crispy means cooked while in The United States it means almost burned.


Thanks for reading again , Jackson

4 comments:

  1. Jackson, you are cracking me up! Keep looking at name tags...... You might find one that says "Bacon" or even "Crispy"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! Yes, if you're picking a Chinese-American name for yourself, it should definitely be Bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will make sure Cameron, the world's biggest bacon fan, reads this soon!

    Mrs. Craft

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackson, Meredith, John and Sam! We have been reading your posts every step of the way. We enjoy reading every day and we are so happy for you all. Jackson, all of our soccer games have been rained out since you have been in China!

      Chris, Tina, Christopher and Cameron

      Delete