Saturday, March 31, 2012

This is what happens when your big brother finds the stickers...
Today was Sam's medical appointment. We drove down to the medical center for adopted children. We went through all the paperwork and the lines of children waiting to be seen by doctors. Since we were here last, they have moved this to a new building in town...itused to be on Shamian Island. Also, Sam didn't get any vaccines! Because many adoptive parents petitioned against this, the US now gives you the option to have vaccinations done here, or you can sign a waiver stating that you will have them done when you get home. We signed the waiver.....
Also, when the doctor checked Sam's heart, he didn't act like he heard anything strange at all....So, I asked Rebecca our guide if the doctor said anything or wrote anything, and she said that he didn't hear anything....he described Sam as a normal baby. Now, I am fully aware that the medicals done here are not the most in-depth. HOWEVER, I have to say that I am so glad he didn't hear anything strange.....It seems to me that if there was a MAJOR hole, he would hear something, right? Maybe I am just wishful thinking, but I am going to continue my wishful thinking until someone tells me differently!!
Weight and Length
Ears, Nose and Throat
Heart and everything else!
This one is for Riley and Mimi- " JUST ONE!!!"

Rebecca ordered nooodles with fish-skin for lunch. She offered to share, but I declined...
Hotel Garden
SUBWAY!!
Sam and the Pleasant Goat- a very popular chinese cartoon here...
The biggest granola bar I have ever seen....seriously, that is what it looked like.
Granola. On a cart. In the middle of the street.
Jackson got some new tennis shoes for a deal...Riley and Lily- Don't worry, we got you some shoes too! (But girly ones!)

Tonight we are just hanging around the hotel. There is one other family here with our agency. Actually, the dad flew back yesterday, but the mom and little girl are here. They are from Prattville, AL, and the little girl is 4 years old....and so sweet! We were joking on the way here that we could tell people that we actually have 9 children and Sam is number 10....So it was pretty funny when the lady with us said this was their first adoption, but they have 9 biological children! Anyway, that makes 4 seem like nothing.....and I actually feel a little lazy!
We may walk down the street to Pizza Hut in a bit. Tomorrow we are going to the local mall- which has the jade and pearl market. Missing my girls bunches! How many more days, Riley? We must be getting close to home now!
Blessings-
Meredith













1 comment:

  1. Hey Mom!! There are 6 days left not counting today! I'm having lots of fun and we're going on a picnic with Uncle Waffle and Kate and Kat. We got a ring-pop today and we got a watch for our present. I've been painting and playing with my play-dough. Did you get your nails done in chinese?? Mine are currently blue, with pink leopard stripes and my toes are little pink ladybugs! Kat did 'em she's awesome!! I love you!!

    Love Riley!!!!

    ReplyDelete