I am also incredibly sad to leave my girls. Riley is such a precious girl, and I am really going to miss her. She is tenderhearted, and I know this will be hard for her...even though she is in the best of hands staying with her grandparents. I have never been away from Lily this long. That's tough. I am glad they have each other....and that it will only be a couple of weeks. But I'm not going to lie....I don't want to leave them.
On the flip side, I am dying to get on that plane to go get a little piece of our family who is still in China. I want to see him, hold him, and get to know his sweet little personality. I want him to feel safe, and loved, and to know what it is like to have the love of a mom and dad, brother and sisters, grandparents, aunts and uncles.....
I am nervous about his transition into our family. Lily transitioned so well, and was the"typical" institutionalized adopted child. Textbook, I would say. Grieved, bonded to mom first, slept in her own crib, was willing to try new foods.....Can that possibly happen twice?
We are not yet completely packed. We will take the girls to my parent's house tomorrow night and they will spend the night there. We will leave for Atlanta around 3:30am...our flight leaves at 7:43. I have packed the girls- well, mostly- and most of Jackson and Sam's things....also the medicines, gifts, etc. John and I still have to fit our things in....and limit the weight on the suitcases to 40 pounds...Hmmmmm
I will try to get our schedule posted here later tonight. In the meantime, I am going to go enjoy some quality time with my girls...
Blessings-
Meredith
So excited for y'all!! Praying for all of you!
ReplyDelete