Tuesday, May 17, 2011

ADOPTION UPDATE

Well, we have had a busy couple of weeks, and so it has been a while since I posted. Easter and Mother's Day came and went, school let out, and I had a birthday- the big 37!! Man, sometimes I feel old, and I wonder where the time has gone?! I am thankful, though to be healthy and to be surrounded by a wonderful family and precious friends.

Today we had our biometric fingerprints taken for the adoption process. We had to drive to Atlanta to have them done, but thankfully, it didn't take nearly as long as it did for Lily's adoption process. We are currently waiting on the last clearance for our Homestudy to be complete. It typically takes 2-3 weeks, and we are in week 7!! Every week can drive you crazy in this process! Hopefully we will receive this last clearance for this part of the process sometime this week. Then we will have our homestudy complete and add it to the dossier. At that point, we will have to have it all authenticated and certified and apostilled- who even knows what all of that is?, and it will be off to China. I would expect a rough timeline for that to happen would be July-ish. Then we will receive our Log In Date (LID) and hopefully soon after, a referral! I think we are probably on schedule to travel around the end of the year, or early next year. But, in adoption, nobody knows until it happens!
I am going to post our timeline on the side of the blog in case you want to check it out.

Have a great week!

Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment