Saturday, April 30, 2011

Saturday Soccer Days

Jackson at 5 years old- his first season


GOALIE!




Jackson and Riley after a game



Jackson last season- 10 years old







Dad, Riley and Lily hangin' out at the fields...



I never really thought I would be a soccer mom, but here I am smack dab in the middle of spending many Saturday's at the soccer field. If I added up all the hours we have spent at the fields, it would be days......Jackson loves soccer. He has loved it since he was 5 years old and played on his first team. He comes home from school and practices alone outside. Some days, he cons his sisters into kicking the ball to him. He has given up all other sports he has tried in his pursuit of soccer. He plays goalie and some other positions that I don't even know the names of. To be honest, I don't know all the rules of soccer. I know that seems like an awful mom, doesn't it? The truth is, I don't care about the rules. I know the basics, and really, I just love to watch my oldest enjoying himself on the field and watching him excel at something he loves. Jackson is 10 now, and plays both spring and fall soccer. He has played All-Stars and has been asked now to play on the traveling soccer team. I know I am biased, but he really is good! Soccer days are fun days for our family. As much stuff as we take, it seems like we will be staying at the field for a week! Four chairs, Lily's backpack, ringpops for halftime, coffee, waters, etc. etc. Many of our friends are in the same soccer boat, at various stages. We always see friends there, and come to meet new friends who are fellow soccer parents. So, although I never thought it would happen to me, I am super proud to be a soccer mom to my soccer kid.




So, here's to soccer days old and new, many games won and lost, many goals scored, and many more family times like these.



Blessings....


Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment