As we have been journeying through this adoption process again, I am reminded that almost nothing in adoption is a certainty. Each and every time that we "think" we will have a certain paper signed, in our hands, at our agency, etc. it is either much earlier than we expected, or much later. Whenever we "think" we understand the rules and documents that we are working with, the rules change. The documents change. The process changes. When I pray for patience through the process inevitably something comes along to test that patience. There is, however, one thing that is certain in adoption- it is expensive. Satan has really been after me lately and I have been falling into his trap of worry especially in this area. Physically, I can look around and see that God is Faithful! He is faithful to provide what we need at just the time we need it. He is faithful when we follow Him. I am so blessed with a Godly husband, 3 wonderful children, a home, food to eat, clothes to wear, etc. etc, and yet still, Satan can slip in and I begin to second -guess God's plan. "Do we have enough money for another child? How will we pay for the initial expense? Do we have enough time for another child? Can I really be a good mom to 4 children? We don't even have an extra bedroom! Are we hearing God wrong in adopting an older child? a boy? and the list goes on and on...I know that God is probably looking at me and saying "Oh you of little faith. If only you could see the plans I have for you! JUST HAVE FAITH AND TRUST ME! "
I am working hard to listen to God these days, and to KNOW that I KNOW that he will provide in every way if I follow Him and listen to Him only! With our first adoption, I SAW it happen! I don't know why I allow myself to take my eyes off of Him and listen to what others say and think. Please pray that God will use us for His glory, and that we will keep our eyes ONLY on Him!
Thanks for walking beside us as prayer partners in this journey.
Blessings-
Meredith
No comments:
Post a Comment