Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Break!

So glad this week is Spring Break! It is nice to have some time to reconnect with the kiddos. I am so blessed to have such great kids. They are sweet and polite, but even more than that, they are just really fun. I truly enjoy spending time with them and getting to know them better! Tonight Riley and I had a "girl night". We made Rice Krispy Treats- her choice- did our nails, and rented "Ramona and Beezus". Then we read Pippi Longstocking before bed. On the adoption front, I am still waiting for my fingerprints to clear. It has been 3 months now, which is much longer than normal, and they are stuck somewhere in the process. I told myself that I wasn't going to worry about the time-frame this time. That I wasn't in a rush. That I would just take it step by step. That is so much easier to say than it is to do. When I envision our son- already born- halfway across the world waiting on us to complete paperwork and step off of that plane, it becomes much harder to take it step by step. I know it is all in God's perfect timing, I just need to be reminded of it daily. Some precious friends of ours met their daughter today. The Evans family- who has had their own share of setbacks in the adoption process- met their sweet 5 year old daughter Betsy this morning. She is precious and beautiful- all in God's perfect timing. Check out her sweet face and new family at openheartsopeneyes.blogspot.com So happy for them and love seeing this earthly picture of God's desire for those to be a father to the fatherless. Blessings! Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment