Friday, November 4, 2011

SAM'S FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY!!











So excited! Today we received 10 pictures from Sam's first birthday party! He is cuter every time I see him! Don't know exactly when they had his party- His birthday was October 17. It looks like a fun time was had, though! They had a little cake for him with some fruit on top- maybe even a tomato??!! And, lots of MUFFINS! Every good party has a big bag of muffins, right?? It is tradition in China to smear icing on the birthday kid's head, so our Sambo got some icing along with that big old tomato- or whatever it is! Enjoy the pics!
Blessings-
Meredith

3 comments:

  1. Our son, Christian (Yang Heng Dong) was at Hengyang (govm't side) from 4/2008-4/2010 (when we picked him up) we have similar pictures of his 2nd birthday in the orphanage. I have a few other pictures too that we received while waiting. We visited the orphanage at pickup. Email me aliciashj@yahoo.com if you would like me to share any pictures or info with you while you wait. He is so cute!! Congrats! Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am CRACKING UP looking at the strawberry. How sweet!!!! happy to know that they did something for him for his birthday. As we approach our daughter's first birthday I find myself wondering if they will pause to make it special in some way. She is not in the swi anymore (as I noted in another comment), she is in foster care through hengyang swi, but I hope they will do something. It is hard to miss the milestone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that a strawberry? well whatever it is, I cant stop giggling....

      Delete